Re: Mac OS 10.3.4: pgsql fails to launch at boot

От Jeff Self
Тема Re: Mac OS 10.3.4: pgsql fails to launch at boot
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 10:28, Randall Perry wrote:
> On searching the archives I noticed Bob Smith in Jul, 2002 had a similar
> problem to mine, but never posted a solution.
>
> I'm using pgsql 7.4.2 on Mac OS 10.3.4. I installed the startup script for
> darwin from the contrib/start-scripts folder. On boot, pgsql startup fails
> and I see this error in the pgsql logfile:
>
>     bootstrap_look_up() failed (ipc/send) invalid destination port
>
> After the machine has booted the same startup script works fine.
>
> This appears to be a Mac OS issue. If anyone has any clue what's going on
> please let me know.
>
> I've gotten around the problem right now by putting a call to the startup
> script directly in /etc/rc, as the last command.

I've never run into this myself.  Did you install from source or use
Mark Liyanage's package?  His package is at
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

Very easy installation if you're willing to start over.
--
Jeff Self
Dept. of Information Technology