Re: Problem

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 11:06, Lukasz wrote:
> Hello
>
>   I have installed PostgreSQL on Red Hat 9 . I have a problem: I have
> added new user of the database system , the name of this user is :
> "jan" . I have given him
>  the permission for creating new databases and for adding new users,
> but when I
>   wrote:
>
>     psql -U jan template1
>
>   then I have got message:
>
>    psql : FATAL : IDENT authentication failed for user "jan" .
>

>   What is wrong ? What should I do with it ?

IDENT authentication requires (generally) that your system user be the
same as your database user. Since it sounds like this is not what you
want, you need to modify your pg_hba.conf file and change the settings
as appropriate. (See comments in the file or docs for specifics on the
different options)

Robert Treat