Re: Auto commit Off how will it effect us ?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Auto commit Off how will it effect us ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I think you have misunderstood... autocommit works as it always has in
7.4, the difference is that the logic to turn it off is now left to the
client side instead of trying to manage it within the server.

ie.

phppgadmin=# select version();
                           version
 PostgreSQL 7.4 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.3
(1 row)

phppgadmin=# set autocommit = off;
ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported
phppgadmin=#

Of course PostgreSQL is open source, so I always recommend for folks to
do a test installation and test there apps out just to be on the safe
side.

Robert Treat