Re: Trigger to call an external program

От Alan Graham
Тема Re: Trigger to call an external program
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'll try the fix and compile of pgplsh, as suggested by Stephan. (thanks
:-)  I'd assumed that the errors I was seeing were indicative of much
larger compatibility problems.  Just shows what "Assume" does :-)

As you say, using trigger worries me, because of rollbacks.  I'd thought
of using NOTIFY, but the limited docs I could find suggested that it
wouldn't be fine grained enough to replicate every transaction.  Also
(and this was more of an issue), I couldn't work out how to LISTEN in
Python.  Could you point me to some docos or examples of an external
python script LISTENing for a NOTIFY?

Thanks for your help

Alan Graham

--