Re: Postrgres data restoration problem

От Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Тема Re: Postrgres data restoration problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear Jim Cochrane,

>I'm looking for help restoring old postgres databases on a linux system
>after a reinstall of Redhat (including posgresql).  It's the same version
>of redhat and of postgres I was using before the resinstall, but I've not
>been able to get the database server to see the old databases.

Here we are trying to help

>The old data is stored in the standard postgres format.  (No,
>unfortunately, I did not have a backup.)  The postgres data is located
>on my system under /var/lib/pgsql.  So I tried both creating a
>symbolic link - setting up /var/lib/pgsql/data as a symbolic link to
>/oldpgsqlpath/data, and, when that didn't work, I just copied the old data
>directory to /var/lib/pgsql (that is, it ended up residing in
>/var/lib/pgsql/data), which didn't work either:

I presume while you were doing the all above said
1. PostgreSQL was stoped while cp etc
2. The new cluster has been  initialise initdb  i..e the original
database and not the copied direcrory namely /var/lib/pgsql

If this help kindly shoot back for more
For next time keep a backup

Regards,
V Kashyap

От: Alan Graham
Сообщение: Re: Trigger to call an external program
От: Ashok Chauhan
Сообщение: TCP/IP connection