Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql

От Michelle Murrain
Тема Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 12:46, Geoffrey wrote:
> I've got a client who is following my suggestion that they replace a set
> of excel spreadsheets with a database solution.  They are looking at two
> proposals, postgresql solution or an Access solution.  The requirements
> will include vpn connectivity from one site to another.  It appears they
> will be going with the Access solution.  I've got concerns regarding
> this based on research I've done that seems to indicate that Access,
> when used in a multi-user solution is easily corrupted.  Does anyone
> have any knowledge/experience with such issues?

Um, use both??

We've been having some success using Access front ends with postgresql
back ends. Takes away the data corruption/scalability issues, but keeps
the strength of the Access reporting and data entry interfaces.
--
.Michelle

AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575

"Our capacity to make peace with another person and with the world
depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves." -- Thich Nhat Hanh

Сообщение: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql