Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql

От kevin07@optonline.net (kbd)
Тема Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have many years experience with several database products: Foxbase,
FoxPro, MS SQL, Access, Postgresql, AS400 DB2.  Compared to any of the
above Access is a toy.  Case in point;  in my office we have a product
which is "multi-user" based upon Access.  When the users, there are
only four of them, start pumping data into the database all at once,
the product fails.  We then contact the vendor then replies with a
TechNet article from M$ which explains that Access should not be used
as a multi-user database.

Also, take note many many projects start as just a simple little job
and then take on a life of their own.

Oh what about security and user management.  And what about backups.
Who is going to hang around until all the users are finished to backup
the database?

Considering Postgresql is free and actually works.  There is no
decision.

good luck

kd