Re: postgres installed via rpms -can't run postmaster or

От Mailing List
Тема Re: postgres installed via rpms -can't run postmaster or
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 22:15, Eric M. Wulff wrote:
> This is very helpful.  My next problem is setting up a db.  createdb fails...
>
> "psql: FATAL:  user "blah" does not exist
> createdb: database creation failed"
>
> The user is either myself or root.  Of course, doesn't like root.   How
> do I get psql to recognize me as a user.

As root become the user postgres by giving:
  su - postgres
Now create a postgres user named after your normal OS user account (blah
I guess?):
  createuser blah
(createuser is a postgres command). If you answer yes to the question
whether the new user should be able to create DBs your done. Now as OS
user blah you can do a createdb.

Bye, Chris.

Сообщение: Re: postgres installed via rpms -can't run postmaster or
Сообщение: Re: postgres installed via rpms -can't run postmaster or