Re: force the use of a particular index

От Scott Cain
Тема Re: force the use of a particular index
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Tom,

Embarrassingly, I can't.  I've been monkeying with the database so much
that I can't seem to get it back to the state where I reproduce the
behavior I want.  A database drop and reload may be the only way, but
since that is a time consuming thing to do, I won't be able to do it
until this evening.

Thanks,
Scott

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 11:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> Scott Cain <cain@cshl.org> writes:
> > So, the question is, is there a way I can force the query planner to use
> > the index I want it to use?
>
> No (and I don't think there should be).  Given that it *can* generate
> the plan you want, this is clearly an estimation failure.  What is the
> index it does use?  Would you show us EXPLAIN ANALYZE results when
> using each index?
>
>             regards, tom lane
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain@cshl.org
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index