Re: force the use of a particular index

От: Scott Cain
Тема: Re: force the use of a particular index
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Tom Lane, )

Hi Tom,

Embarrassingly, I can't.  I've been monkeying with the database so much
that I can't seem to get it back to the state where I reproduce the
behavior I want.  A database drop and reload may be the only way, but
since that is a time consuming thing to do, I won't be able to do it
until this evening.

Thanks,
Scott

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 11:24, Tom Lane wrote:
> Scott Cain <> writes:
> > So, the question is, is there a way I can force the query planner to use
> > the index I want it to use?
>
> No (and I don't think there should be).  Given that it *can* generate
> the plan you want, this is clearly an estimation failure.  What is the
> index it does use?  Would you show us EXPLAIN ANALYZE results when
> using each index?
>
>             regards, tom lane
Scott Cain, Ph. D.
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index