Re: force the use of a particular index

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: force the use of a particular index
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
  Re: force the use of a particular index  (Rod Taylor, )
   Re: force the use of a particular index  (Scott Cain, )
 Re: force the use of a particular index  (Tom Lane, )

Scott Cain <> writes:
> So, the question is, is there a way I can force the query planner to use
> the index I want it to use?

No (and I don't think there should be).  Given that it *can* generate
the plan you want, this is clearly an estimation failure.  What is the
index it does use?  Would you show us EXPLAIN ANALYZE results when
using each index?

Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index
Сообщение: Re: force the use of a particular index