Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bhushan Pathak <bhushan.pathak02@gmail.com> writes:
> In 9.1.3, this usage was upto 25MB with the same load on the same server.
> With 9.2.4 it has jumped upto ~580 MB. We are monitoring the RES column
> from top output to get the memory usage.

On most versions of "top", examining RES alone gives a completely
misleading impression of what's happening.  RES minus SHR is a better
estimate of what the process has really consumed.  I don't know why the
behavior changed from 9.1 to 9.2, but this measurement alone is not
evidence that you have an actual problem.