Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:12:13PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bhushan Pathak <bhushan.pathak02@gmail.com> writes:
> > In 9.1.3, this usage was upto 25MB with the same load on the same server.
> > With 9.2.4 it has jumped upto ~580 MB. We are monitoring the RES column
> > from top output to get the memory usage.
>
> On most versions of "top", examining RES alone gives a completely
> misleading impression of what's happening.  RES minus SHR is a better
> estimate of what the process has really consumed.  I don't know why the
> behavior changed from 9.1 to 9.2, but this measurement alone is not
> evidence that you have an actual problem.

These blog entries cover memory consuption analysis:

    http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2012.html#January_30_2012
    http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2012.html#February_1_2012

  + Everyone has their own god. +

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements and cursors
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: problem with grant all privileges