Re: Create collation reporting the ICU locale display name

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Create collation reporting the ICU locale display name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wonder if INFO is better than NOTICE (I think it is).

You're just waving a red flag in front of a bull, you know.

I don't especially like the idea of having this emit a NOTICE;
it's ugly and in-your-face.  INFO is right out.

The idea of having CREATE COLLATION automatically create a comment
is sort of interesting, although it seems pretty orthogonal to
normal command behavior.  I wonder whether the seeming need for
this indicates that we should add a descriptive field to pg_collation
proper, and not usurp the user-oriented comment feature for that.

The difficulty with localization is that whatever we put into
template1 has got to be ASCII-only, so that the template DB
can be copied to other encodings.  I suppose we could consider
having CREATE COLLATION act differently during initdb than
later, but that seems ugly too.