Re: another look at macOS SIP

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: another look at macOS SIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-09-10 19:26, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the way forward here is to get rid of all uses of system() for
>> calling between PostgreSQL programs.
>
> We could do that perhaps, but how are you going to get make to not use
> /bin/sh while spawning subprocesses?  I don't think we want to also
> reimplement make ...

make is not a problem if the DYLD_* assignments are in a makefile rule
(as currently), because then make just calls a shell with a string
"DYLD_*=foo some command", which is not affected by any filtering.  It
would be a problem if you do the variable assignments in a makefile
outside a rule or outside a makefile.