Re: [Newbie] RedHat 7.2 & Postgresql 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [Newbie] RedHat 7.2 & Postgresql 8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"robert.lamie" <robert.lamie@laposte.net> writes:
> I'd like to know if it's possible to install Postgresql v8 on
> a RedHat 7.2 ? If ok, can I use the binaries distrib ? the
> source distrib ? red hat or fedora ?  Is the RedHat-9 rpms
> install is compatible ?

I've been told that our current SRPMs will not build on systems that old
because the rpm spec files use features that didn't exist in rpm back
then (nested %if was mentioned, and there may be some other issues).

You could possibly hack the specfile until it works, but it'd likely
be easier just to build from a source tarball.  The traditional
configure/make procedure should work fine.