Re: How to recover error message at boot time?

От Markus Bertheau
Тема Re: How to recover error message at boot time?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
В Вск, 04.05.2003, в 08:08, Bob Hartung пишет:

Bob,

> I just upgraded.  I still receive an error on booting about postgres and
> why it doesn't start.  I cannot find this error in /var/log/messages or in
> dmesg files.  How can I capture this information to I can read it [scrolls
> by very fast]?

Press Shift-PgUp a few times, if you or the system didn't switch away
from the first console (for example due to X starting). If that doesn't
work, you can also start PostgreSQL manually, which should lead to the
same error message. Depending on your operating system the command for
that is something like

/etc/init.d/postgresql start

Hope this helps.

--