Re: urgent, Table not shown but files are there.

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: urgent, Table not shown but files are there.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 16:59, Bill Hilburn wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have inherited a Postgresql DB server, this morning one of the tables is no
> longer available to scripts and does not show up in psql.
>
> The main directory for the database is still there and all of the files in it
> including the file(s) for the table that is not showing up.

How do you know the file is for that table? When you do a select * from
pg_class where relname = 'yourtable' what do you get?

> >From what someone here said this has happened before and the old db admin
> would just fix it in a couple of minutes, I'm new to Postgresql and have not a
> clue.
>
> Anyone seen this behaviour before?  Any ideas?

This seems pretty bizarre to me, like your either telling us
mis-information or you've got serious hardware issues. I would guess you
could try to do a create table <yourtable> then look up the relfilenode
and copy your other table file over that one, but that might cause more
problems if I'm mis-diagnosing your description of the problem, so try
it on a backup server first if you can.

I'd recommend posting platform/version info as well before you go to
much further.

Robert Treat