Re: log file maintenance

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: log file maintenance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 18:54, David Wendy wrote:
> I have logrotate set up for my databases, the problem is that I alwayz
> have to restart my server after the log file is rotated.
>
> What do I do after the logrotate so I don't have to restart the db
> server?
>
> The ways I've tried to start the server:
> pg_ctl start -D .../data -l logfile
> and
> pg_ctl start -D .../data | cat - >> logfile
>
> At the moment, I'm using the logrotate script that comes with redhat.
> I basically just had to create a logrotate.conf file and use it to
> logrotate.

Either of those methods will require the copytruncate option in the
logrotate configuration.  Does it have it?

     "And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear
      ye not; for I know that ye seek Jesus, who was
      crucified. He is not here; for he is risen, as he
      said...Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour
      as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
                              Matthew 28:5,6; 24:44