Re: Configure exit 1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configure exit 1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> writes:
> I'm installing version PostgreSQL 8.3.6 as a test.  I want to take it
> live in two weeks.  I installed it configured and ran gmake once and
> it seemed to work fine, but I didn't have the data directory name that
> I thought I should have had, so I ran gmake distclean deleted the
> files that were created in postgres directory and ran configure
> again.  This time I got an error on it.  The error said that ...

> checking whether getpwuid_r takes a fifth argument... yes
> checking whether strerror_r returns int... yes
> checking test program... failed
> configure: error:
> Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
> related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
> for the exact reason.

Did you use the exact same configure arguments both times?  There's
no obvious reason why this test would work once and fail the second
time.

> When I looked at the config.log file, the end looks like this ...

You need to look at the output about the specific test that failed,
which is usually several hundred lines above the end of config.log.
(The rest of it is a dump of configure's internal variables, which
is generally not too interesting.)