Configure exit 1

От Carol Walter
Тема Configure exit 1
Дата
Re: Configure exit 1  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Configure exit 1  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

This is on a Solaris 10 box.  Did I shoot myself in the foot by trying
to do a completely clean install?

I'm installing version PostgreSQL 8.3.6 as a test.  I want to take it
live in two weeks.  I installed it configured and ran gmake once and
it seemed to work fine, but I didn't have the data directory name that
I thought I should have had, so I ran gmake distclean deleted the
files that were created in postgres directory and ran configure
again.  This time I got an error on it.  The error said that ...

checking whether getpwuid_r takes a fifth argument... yes
checking whether strerror_r returns int... yes
checking test program... failed
configure: error:
Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem
related to locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log'
for the exact reason.

When I looked at the config.log file, the end looks like this ...

#define HAVE_WCTYPE_H 1
#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org"
#define PACKAGE_NAME "PostgreSQL"
#define PACKAGE_STRING "PostgreSQL 8.3.6"
#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "postgresql"
#define PACKAGE_VERSION "8.3.6"
#define PG_KRB_SRVNAM "postgres"
#define PG_VERSION "8.3.6"
#define PG_VERSION_NUM 80306
#define PG_VERSION_STR "PostgreSQL 8.3.6 on sparc-sun-solaris2.10,
compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)"
#define STRERROR_R_INT
#define USE_PAM 1
#define USE_SSL 1
#define WORDS_BIGENDIAN 1

configure: exit 1

What does an exit code 1 from configure mean?

Thanks,
Carol