Re: Request for qualified column names

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Request for qualified column names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 10:44, Reggie Burnett wrote:
> Well, certainly the driver could parse the sql and extract what it
> thinks is the table name.  It just seems quite foreign to me to have a
> database engine go through the motions of determining column location
> and have ready access to all the metadata for all the columns in a
> resultset and then intentionally leave all that out of the FE/BE.

I think the issue is that no one has yet proposed a consistent set of
behaviour for this feature, particularly in the cases that Tom raised.
If you would like this feature, I'd suggest that you outline some
behaviour that everyone can agree upon.

Griping about "intentionally left out" features when the feature itself
is not even well defined doesn't strike me as very productive.

Cheers,

Neil