Re: Replication

От Will LaShell
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Re: Replication
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 21:10, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:38:29PM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> > >
> > > the eRServer is for free or not ?
> >
> > "Not", as far as I know.  Its baby cousin is in contrib/rserv in the
> > source tree.  I haven't tested it with 7.3, so I don't know whether
> > it works.
>
> Don't ... from everything we have heard, there are a half-dozen companies
> out there that have taken the time to figure out and get it to work, but
> nobody has bothered to submit patches back to the project to make it
> easier/more useful for others ...
>
> eRServer is to rserv what running Unix on a PIII is to running it on a 386
> ... for v7.4, we are most likely going to move rserv over to gborg ...

Hrmm,  this is kind of sad. rserv actually does work pretty well. We use
it in a production environment here at OFS on a medium size database
cluster.

The biggest issue we had was when we created replication id's to use was
that we used bigint field type for the id. Which as we all know suck
rocks to use in postgres. Once we specifically cast the field to let it
use the index the whole thing just magically worked nice and fast. Note
that it did work before it just worked a whole lot slower.

What problems have been reported with 7.3? Additionally, aren't the
eRserver maintainers in theory releasing updates to rserv every year or
so? ( At least that's what has been said in the past. )

What problems have people been having getting rserv to work at all?

Will LaShell

Вложения