Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 17:03, Hugh Esco wrote:
> I'm resending this, sans attachments, and to the list this time for others
> edification, to correct some typos by my attempt to recreate the shell
> dialogue.  Those first two lines are cat'ing diversions, not diversions.txt.
>
> It seemed simpler than a continuous exchange of questions to clarify what
> it is you are looking for.  But in case I do understand where you are
> going, here is a quick shell dialogue that could permit you to delete these
> text files unopened.
>
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep Package: > packages.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep sql > sql.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat packages.txt | grep sql > sqlpackages.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat sqlpackages.txt
> Package: mysql-common
> Package: php4-pgsql
> Package: mysql-server
> Package: libmysqlclient10
> Package: postgresql-client
> Package: libdbd-mysql-perl
> Package: postgresql
> Package: postgresql-doc
> Package: mysql-client
> Package: libpgsql2
> Package: php4-mysql
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg#
>
> I'm guessing that this diversion file tracks every package ever installed?

I replied to this earlier in private mail.  For the benefit of the list,
I should explain that he has somehow got the Debian packaging database
in a twist, and has a corrupt diversions file.  Best course is probably
to reinstall the O/S from scratch.

--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited