Обсуждение: Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at

Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at

От
Hugh Esco
Дата:
Mr. Elphick:

I'm resending this, sans attachments, and to the list this time for others
edification, to correct some typos by my attempt to recreate the shell
dialogue.  Those first two lines are cat'ing diversions, not diversions.txt.

It seemed simpler than a continuous exchange of questions to clarify what
it is you are looking for.  But in case I do understand where you are
going, here is a quick shell dialogue that could permit you to delete these
text files unopened.

biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep Package: > packages.txt
biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep sql > sql.txt
biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat packages.txt | grep sql > sqlpackages.txt
biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat sqlpackages.txt
Package: mysql-common
Package: php4-pgsql
Package: mysql-server
Package: libmysqlclient10
Package: postgresql-client
Package: libdbd-mysql-perl
Package: postgresql
Package: postgresql-doc
Package: mysql-client
Package: libpgsql2
Package: php4-mysql
biko:/var/lib/dpkg#

I'm guessing that this diversion file tracks every package ever installed?

Thanks again for your help.

-- Hugh Esco

Re: Problems invoking psql, was: Re: Troubles at

От
Oliver Elphick
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 17:03, Hugh Esco wrote:
> I'm resending this, sans attachments, and to the list this time for others
> edification, to correct some typos by my attempt to recreate the shell
> dialogue.  Those first two lines are cat'ing diversions, not diversions.txt.
>
> It seemed simpler than a continuous exchange of questions to clarify what
> it is you are looking for.  But in case I do understand where you are
> going, here is a quick shell dialogue that could permit you to delete these
> text files unopened.
>
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep Package: > packages.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat diversions | grep sql > sql.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat packages.txt | grep sql > sqlpackages.txt
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg# cat sqlpackages.txt
> Package: mysql-common
> Package: php4-pgsql
> Package: mysql-server
> Package: libmysqlclient10
> Package: postgresql-client
> Package: libdbd-mysql-perl
> Package: postgresql
> Package: postgresql-doc
> Package: mysql-client
> Package: libpgsql2
> Package: php4-mysql
> biko:/var/lib/dpkg#
>
> I'm guessing that this diversion file tracks every package ever installed?

I replied to this earlier in private mail.  For the benefit of the list,
I should explain that he has somehow got the Debian packaging database
in a twist, and has a corrupt diversions file.  Best course is probably
to reinstall the O/S from scratch.

--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited