Using oid with RServ w/ Postgresql 7.2

От Will LaShell
Тема Using oid with RServ w/ Postgresql 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey all,

So I have rserv set up, the problem we had originally was that when you
tell rserv what field to use to replicate you could only specify 1
field.

This doesn't exactly work for most of our tables as we use multi field
keys.

However, we tried it out using the "oid" field, and it seems to work.

My question would then be, are there any problems/reasons or hints with
using the oid field as the field that the rserv trigger is set on?

We will be using rserv in a production environment so I'm looking at
this as not just an academic solution but a real world one.

If anyone has any comments, thoughts or hints they would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Will LaShell

Вложения