Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC

От Robert M. Meyer
Тема Re: Leftover processes on shutdown - Debian+JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Actually, I'm doing this on RedHat 7.2 but the concept is the same.  If
Debian is using /etc/rc.d/rc?.d/postgresql as it's start and stop
script, then you should be able to modify that directly.  Actually,
Postgres 7.2.1 comes with an example script that I used but I just made
the change to add the '-m immediate' to the thing.

I did this for two reasons.  One, during shutdown, the database would
not be down before the machine rebooted, causing all kinds of
consternation and tomcat would hold up the shutdown of the DB for our
nightly maintenance.

Cheers!

Bob