Re: making another super user other than postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: making another super user other than postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Bob Powell" <Bob@hotchkiss.org> writes:
> My systems admin says that he needs to have use of the Postgres user
> without a password.  His Debian package manager requires this.
> He tells me that he can lock down that user on the system so that there
> are no security concerns.

Why can't he put his password in ~/.pgpass?

Or if you don't like that, see if you can set up to let him in with
IDENT.  But using TRUST on a multi-user machine is just asking for
trouble.

> Also, my method for creating another superuser is to update the
> pg_shadow files "usesuper" field to 't'.

The CREATEUSER option to CREATE/ALTER USER is the same thing.