making another super user other than postgres

От Bob Powell
Тема making another super user other than postgres
Дата
Re: making another super user other than postgres  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: making another super user other than postgres  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello everyone;

My systems admin says that he needs to have use of the Postgres user
without a password.  His Debian package manager requires this.

He tells me that he can lock down that user on the system so that there
are no security concerns.

Can someone tell me if this is acceptable?

Also, my method for creating another superuser is to update the
pg_shadow files "usesuper" field to 't'.  Are there any issues I should
be aware of for doing such a thing.  Thanks.

Bob Powell
Database Administrator