Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?  ("D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net>)
Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?  (nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway))
Список pgsql-hackers
[No cc: please. Especially if you're not commenting on anything I said]

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 13:46, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> I think one of the values of it is that it is something that no one else
> has.  It distinguishes us.

Coooool. Let's have the 'automatically phone KFC if developer works more
than 8 hours non-stop' feature, *that* is something nobody else has.
Yes. Cool.

In other words: this is an absolutely bogus argument.

As an implementor I'm always wary of using features nobody else has,
especially in databases. So, if I'd want postgres to have one thing
nobody else has, it would be the most complete standard SQL
implementation - so it would at least be the other products' fault if
I'd have to do any special porting work to/from postgres.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?