Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От nconway@klamath.dyndns.org (Neil Conway)
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 02:01:35PM +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> As an implementor I'm always wary of using features nobody else has,
> especially in databases. So, if I'd want postgres to have one thing
> nobody else has, it would be the most complete standard SQL
> implementation - so it would at least be the other products' fault if
> I'd have to do any special porting work to/from postgres.

SQL99 includes inheritance (albeit a somewhat different implementation
than the design in Postgres right now) -- so the "most complete standard
SQL implementation" would need to include inheritance.

I'd say removing inheritence would be a waste of time -- it would
probably be easier to just fix its deficiencies.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway@rogers.com>