Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[don't cc: me, please.]
[please leave proper attribution in]

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 10:45, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > We inherited inheritance from Berkeley.  I doubt we would have added it
> > > ourselves.  It causes too much complexity in other parts of the system.

[Inheritance]

> > How about dropping it, then?
[...]

> Why?  It doesn't hurt you personally!

That's correct.

> Plus, it would annoy a _boatload_ of
> existing inheritance users.

Bruce Momjian:
> It causes too much complexity in other parts of the system.

That's one reason.

Curt Sampson wrote:
> I'm still waiting to find out just what advantage table inheritance
> offers. I've asked a couple of times here, and nobody has even started
> to come up with anything.
and
> there is nothing whatsoever that table inheritance does that the
> relational model does not handle

That's the other one.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Password sub-process ...
От: "Luis Alberto Amigo Navarro"
Сообщение: Re: Question about LWLockAcquire's use of semaphores instead