Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Why is MySQL more chosen over PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 14:51, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> Bruce Momjian:
> > It causes too much complexity in other parts of the system.
>
> That's one reason.

Seems like somewhat valid reason. But still not enough to do a lot of
work _and_ annoy a lot of existing users :)

> Curt Sampson wrote:
> > I'm still waiting to find out just what advantage table inheritance
> > offers. I've asked a couple of times here, and nobody has even started
> > to come up with anything. and
> > there is nothing whatsoever that table inheritance does that the
> > relational model does not handle
>
> That's the other one.

That's quite bogus imho. You could just as well argue that there is
nothing that relational model handles that can't be done in pure C.

Hannu