Re: Postgres performance slowly gets worse over a month

От Marcos Garcia
Тема Re: Postgres performance slowly gets worse over a month
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Since this conversation had started, the presented solutions for the
disk space (disk space of tables and indexes) problem were:

 - reindex -> no space recovered

 - frequent vacuums -> some space recovered, meanwhile the database
keeps growing

 - vacuumm full -> some space recovered, meanwhile the database keeps
growing, quite similar to simple vacuum. we have also to keep in mind,
that the option "full", makes locks to the tables. Therefore, the
services around the database locks too, and with the growing of the
database the time spent for "vacumm full" increases, as well as the
downtime of the services around the database.

So, my doubts are:

 - There's nothing we can do to avoid the growth of the database, only
slow down that growth.

 - We, application developers that use postgresql databases have to
count with this problem.

Sorry if i'm being a little rude, but i'm in a real trouble.

Thanks in advance,

M.P.Garcia

--
M.P.Garcia