Re: pg_dumpall -> database import -> user problem.

От Preston de Guise
Тема Re: pg_dumpall -> database import -> user problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 23:43, Tom Lane wrote:
> Preston de Guise <unsane@idl.com.au> writes:
> > The procedure that I'm trying is:
>
> > pg_dump production > production.dump
> > dropdb development
> > createdb development
> > psql development -f production.dump
>
> This looks okay to me.  I assume you are running the psql session as the
> database superuser?  Does it produce any messages (other than CREATE,
> GRANT, etc)?

I've run it as postgres and the user account that created the production
and development databases. Both times it has the same effect.

> Have you tried looking at the dump file to see what it's actually doing?

Yup - it clearly has the "grant..." statements to the userids. (Note -
not the usernames, but to the userids.) The userids in the dump
statements match those in the pg_shadow table and the grant statements
generate no errors.

FWIW, I've always had this problem - have tried this technique before
using Postgres 7.0 and the last 6.x release. I'm starting to wonder
whether it's designed to detect users called "preston" and screw them
around ... lol.

Cheers,

-Preston.

--
'There are no secrets. The networked market knows more than companies do
about their own products. And whether the news is good or bad, they tell

Receipt of this email does not constitute permission to add the
originating address to any email list.