Re: PostGre SQL on linux

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PostGre SQL on linux
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sounds like you are trying to do everything as 'root'. You need to login
as user 'postgres' (or some other non-privileged account) before
everything will function properly. (if you don't have a 'postgres' user
you'll need to create it.)

Robert Treat

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 08:30, chekravarthula@haloesolutions.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to work with post gre sql on manrdake linux8.2 version , it is having the postgre sql but while i try to
starthe server it is giving error tcp/ip on unix systemect., or file not found error, I tryed installing the postgre
sql7.1 , i installed it but even then it is giving same probelm,
> i tried to test initdb command but it says to login as unprevilaged user can any on send how to change the user ect.,
andthe solution for the above problem.

От: Kris Deugau
Сообщение: Re: Database directory names
От: Raymond Fung
Сообщение: ecpg problem : pre-processor translated long constant to char