Обсуждение: PostGre SQL on linux

PostGre SQL on linux

От
chekravarthula@haloesolutions.com
Дата:
Hi All,
I am trying to work with post gre sql on manrdake linux8.2 version , it is having the postgre sql but while i try to
starthe server it is giving error tcp/ip on unix systemect., or file not found error, I tryed installing the postgre
sql7.1 , i installed it but even then it is giving same probelm,
i tried to test initdb command but it says to login as unprevilaged user can any on send how to change the user ect.,
andthe solution for the above problem.
thanks,
srikanth.

Re: PostGre SQL on linux

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Sounds like you are trying to do everything as 'root'. You need to login
as user 'postgres' (or some other non-privileged account) before
everything will function properly. (if you don't have a 'postgres' user
you'll need to create it.)

Robert Treat