Re: How to get database schema without pg_dump?

От Boban Acimovic
Тема Re: How to get database schema without pg_dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> So the characterization of the bug seems to be: regular expressions
> crash if you build with locale support but not multibyte support?
>
> Seems odd that we'd not have heard about that before.  Can you build it
> that way again, adding --enable-debug this time, and provide a stack
> trace from the point of the crash?

This is a bit strange. Before few days I recreated all databases again
using LATIN1 locale and all of them were OK after. I could use all \d
commands and pg_dump worked correctly. The day after one database showed
the some problem again and then one more day after, another database has
the same problem. There is still one database (the biggest one) working
completely OK. Just to mention, I am doing vacuum every night on all
databases before I take backups.

When I try \d commands or pg_dump, backend crash completelly.

So, I haven't resolved this problem and I am currently installing gdb
5.1 and I will recompile Pg with --enable-debug. After I have logs, I
will post them here if someone can help me what to do.

Just to repeat, this is Solaris 8 on Sparc and PosgtreSQL 7.1.3.

Regards,
Boban Acimovic
www.mbl.is