Re: s/rewinded/rewound/?

От Liudmila Mantrova
Тема Re: s/rewinded/rewound/?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/7/19 12:00 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2019 at 10:53:45AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> To me this sounds like a classic non-English-native-speaker-mistake.  But
>> it seems at least the one in the docs come from Bruce, who definitely is...
>> So perhaps it's intentional to refer to "what pg_rewind does", and not
>> necessarily to the regular word for it?
> I am not sure :)
> "rewound" sounds much more natural.
> --
> Michael

+1 for rewound from a non-English-native-speaker. The use of "rewound"
in the same file also supports Michael's view.

If we decide to fix this, we should probably revise and back-patch the
whole paragraph where it appears as it seems to mix up scanning target
cluster
WALs and applying source cluster WALs. A small patch is attached for
your consideration (originally proposed on pgsql-docs [1]).

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ad6ac5bb-6689-ddb0-dc60-c5fc197d728e%40postgrespro.ru

--
Liudmila Mantrova
Technical writer at Postgres Professional: http://www.postgrespro.com

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup
Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup