Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

От Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Тема Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hi Michael,

Às 08:03 de 20/06/19, Michael Paquier escreveu:
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:12:18PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
The discussion here is on 10, and the password file has does not
enforce the flag either because it filters '\r' by itself.  So another
solution may be to do the same thing as what's done in
passwordFromFile()?
That still sounds like a good idea to do at the end.  So attached is
the Dr Evil's version I was thinking of, and that would be rather
back-patchable.  (Spoiler: not seriously tested.)

Thoughts?

I've tested your patch and it works. I've just did a small test in Ubuntu and Windows using MS VSC 2019.

Your version is compiler independent, while Tom's patch was still relying on MSC fgets behavior (stripping \r if the file is opened in text mode).

Both patches works and fixes the problem, but this one is compiler independent.

If this can be back ported, it would be perfect!

Thanks for your patch.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

--