Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom! Thanks for committing the patch!

> 20 сент. 2017 г., в 8:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> написал(а):
>
> Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
>> [ 0001-Allow-uncompressed-GiST-4.patch ]
>
> ... There's still room
> to improve the contrib opclasses

I have one important question regarding compress\decompres functions.

You mentioned that probably there cannot be TOASTed values in the index.
I need to settle this question in more deterministic way.
Can you point where to look at the code or who to ask:
Can there be TOASTed values in index tuples?

If answer is NO, we can get rid of much more useless code.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.