Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompresfunctions  (Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
> [ 0001-Allow-uncompressed-GiST-4.patch ]

Pushed, with a bit more work on the documentation and some minor
cosmetic changes.

I did not like the fact that the new code paths added by the patch
were untested, so I went ahead and removed the no-longer-needed
no-op functions in the core GiST opclasses.  There's still room
to improve the contrib opclasses, but that's much more tedious
(you need to write an extension update script) so I didn't feel
like messing with those now.