Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Allow GiST opcalsses without compress\decompres functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
Hello Tom! Thanks for committing the patch!

> 20 сент. 2017 г., в 8:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> написал(а):
>
> Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> writes:
>> [ 0001-Allow-uncompressed-GiST-4.patch ]
>
> ... There's still room
> to improve the contrib opclasses

I have one important question regarding compress\decompres functions.

You mentioned that probably there cannot be TOASTed values in the index.
I need to settle this question in more deterministic way.
Can you point where to look at the code or who to ask:
Can there be TOASTed values in index tuples?

If answer is NO, we can get rid of much more useless code.

And get rid of misleading comments too.  For instance, this comment in hstore_gist.c seems misleading for me.

#define SIGLENINT  4 /* >122 => key will toast, so very slow!!! */

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company