Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

От mcelroy, tim
Тема Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Not sure what type of system you are running postgres on but that error may mean that you have to bump up the SHMMAX setting in the kernel.  In Linux it is set in the file /etc/sysctl.conf and in UNIX it is set in the file /etc/system. I know in Linux you can do it online with an echo command but not sure about UNIX.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Crowson, Sarah J Ms (Contractor) Northrop Grumman
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:26 AM
To: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: [ADMIN] Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello -

I am trying to set up my postgresql.conf file for Postgres 8.1.   I am setting up the maintenance_work_mem (this has also happened with the work_mem) and I receive this error:

        Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter "maintenance_work_mem" ............

I have been working with Postgres since at least version 7.0 if not longer and I have never seen this error before.  I have tried searching through the web a bit to see if I could find out any information for why my maintenance_work_mem is out of range, but as of yet I have not found any.  Can anyone help me??

Sarah Crowson