Обсуждение: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

От
"Crowson, Sarah J Ms (Contractor) Northrop Grumman"

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hello -

I am trying to set up my postgresql.conf file for Postgres 8.1.   I am setting up the maintenance_work_mem (this has also happened with the work_mem) and I receive this error:

        Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter "maintenance_work_mem" ............

I have been working with Postgres since at least version 7.0 if not longer and I have never seen this error before.  I have tried searching through the web a bit to see if I could find out any information for why my maintenance_work_mem is out of range, but as of yet I have not found any.  Can anyone help me??

Sarah Crowson
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

От
"mcelroy, tim"

Not sure what type of system you are running postgres on but that error may mean that you have to bump up the SHMMAX setting in the kernel.  In Linux it is set in the file /etc/sysctl.conf and in UNIX it is set in the file /etc/system. I know in Linux you can do it online with an echo command but not sure about UNIX.

I am trying to set up my postgresql.conf file for Postgres 8.1.   I am setting up the maintenance_work_mem (this has also happened with the work_mem) and I receive this error:

        Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter "maintenance_work_mem" ............

I have been working with Postgres since at least version 7.0 if not longer and I have never seen this error before.  I have tried searching through the web a bit to see if I could find out any information for why my maintenance_work_mem is out of range, but as of yet I have not found any.  Can anyone help me??

Sarah Crowson
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Crowson, Sarah J Ms (Contractor) Northrop Grumman wrote:

> I am trying to set up my postgresql.conf file for Postgres 8.1.   I am
> setting up the maintenance_work_mem (this has also happened with the
> work_mem) and I receive this error:
>     Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter
> "maintenance_work_mem" ............

Valid values for that parameter is INT_MAX / 1024.  INT_MAX is defined
here as

$ grep 'define.* INT_MAX' /usr/include/limits.h
#  define INT_MAX       2147483647

So that puts the maximum at 2097151, which you are exceeding.  This
assume your platform is similar to mine (size_t == 4 bytes).

$ dc
2147483647 1024 / p
2097151

Note the size is measured in kilobytes.

Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

>         Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter
> "maintenance_work_mem" ............

That is odd. I just testing on 8.1.3:

template1=# set maintenance_work_mem = 2149478;
SET
template1=#

Oh wait.. duh! :)... Remember that maintenance_work_mem is in "k". The
max you are going to be able to do is: 2147483647. Your number equates
to: 2201065472

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Fatal: 2149478 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Дата:
>> Fatal:  2149478 is outside the valid range for parameter
>> "maintenance_work_mem" ............

> That is odd. I just testing on 8.1.3:

> template1=# set maintenance_work_mem = 2149478;
> SET

I'm betting Joshua is testing on a 64-bit machine.  Since 8.1, the max
allowed value is dependent on sizeof(pointer) ...

            regards, tom lane

install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load Pg.so

От
louis gonzales
Дата:
OS = Solaris 9
PERL v = 5.8.7
postgreSQL = 8.0.1

I'm getting the following error when attempting to interface through my
web browser, immediately after supplying the login information.

  Software error:

install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for module
DBD::Pg:ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pmline 230.
 at (eval 7) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at /var/apache/cgi-bin/scratch/entry.cgi line 197

I verified that the CGI module works.  The above Pg.so file does exist
in the stated location.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load Pg.so

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
louis gonzales wrote:

>  Software error:
>
> install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't load
> '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/Pg/Pg.so' for
> module DBD::Pg: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
> file or directory at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm
> line 230.
> at (eval 7) line 3
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 7) line 3.
> Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
> at /var/apache/cgi-bin/scratch/entry.cgi line 197
>
> I verified that the CGI module works.  The above Pg.so file does exist
> in the stated location.  Any ideas?

How about "libgcc_s.so.1"?

[JDBC] InsertRow problem with Serial

От
"Mathias Laurent"
Дата:
Hello,

I have a problem with the driver JDBC3,
MyTable(col1(SERIAL), col2(VARCHAR), Col3(VARCHAR))

When i do

>rs.moveToInsertRow();
>rs.updateString("col2",col2);
>rs.updateString("col3",col3);
>rs.insertRow();
>con.commit();

>rs.next();
>rs.refreshRow();

The ResulSet is not refreshed for the first column, the value for col1 is 0.
  Although insertion in the base worked and the serial have the good value
!!! And this code works perfectly for MySql :(
If somebody knows when that can come from ?

Thank you,

Mathias Laurent

Retrouvez tout en un clin d'oeil avec la barre d'outil MSN Search !
http://desktop.msn.fr/