Re: pg_hba.conf

От Armstrong, Marc
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mike,

I think if you set it up like this it would have worked as well:

host   all     all     10.15.0.0       255.255.0.0   trust

Your netmask was telling it that the first three octets of the IP address
were significant.

Marc Armstrong - Webmaster - Danly IEM - 440-239-7607
marmstrong@danly.com - webmaster@danly.com
AIM: marmstro2 - Jabber: marmstro@amessage.de

-----Original Message-----
From: mike g [mailto:mike@thegodshalls.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 11:16 PM
To: LSanchez@ameritrade.com
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_hba.conf

Hello,

I finally got it to work and as some have mentioned it was not the
encryption level.

I had setup my pg_hba.conf originally like this:

host   all     all     10.15.0.0       255.255.255.0   trust

I was under the impression that the .0 was supposed to be equivalent to a
wildcard entry so that any connection from 10.15 would be able to connect.
This was not so.  By changing my pg_hba.conf to this:

host   all     all    10.15.13.0      255.255.255.0    trust

I was able to connect successfully.  The .0 works as a wildcard entry for
the last part but not the one prior.

Hope that helps you.

Mike

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 10:25, LSanchez@ameritrade.com wrote:
> Thanks so much! :)

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
computer.