Re: help me understand logs

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: help me understand logs
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On May 9, 2022, at 8:53 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think you've managed to restore a functioning warm standby that found some WAL to process and proceeded to do so.

Yes, that is exactly what I was doing.

> If you want to bring the server backup in non-standby mode you will need to remove the stuff that is making it be a
standby. I don't know that stuff off the top of my head and it also has recently changed.  The v13 documentation will
bemore useful than I for those specifics.

> I don't know what the warnings are - they read like something that should crash the server...

I'd not noticed those messages before. Reviewing another instance, I did see a few before it started into what I
recognizeas the "normal" sequence of applying WAL.

My subsequent theory about confusing containers and starting a second PG instance, was itself the result of confusion,
andI had not done that after all.

On a second try, it did the same thing, I left it alone, and it eventually came up.

I'd still like to understand what those warnings are, and why I usually see only a handful followed by a lot of
messagesabout WAL having applied, but this instance I see a lot of these, and then the server claims all is good
withouta log of those messages about WAL being applied.

От: Albin Ary
Сообщение: Re: Tuning Linux for Postgresql - Database failed to start
От: "yanliang lei"
Сообщение: Re:Re:Re: PostgreSQL14.2 can not start because of huge_page_size is equal to 1048576