Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Good.

> >2) Opclass properties/create should either be implemented or
> have menu
> >options disabled. Currently we get a message box saying 'not
> >implemented'.
> >
> Well, I'll do this. Just to get rid of this message box.

:-)

> >3) Are .xrc files being translated yet? I tried wxxrc on
> snake and it
> >didn't like taking input from stdin, though it should do.
> >
> Yes, all are extracted. The stringextract script works ok for me,
> including xrc extraction and piping it into xgettext.
>
> >4) The website.
> >
> Yes, do it!

Yes. Any thoughts about content? Can ppl start collecting interesting
screenshots from different platforms please?

> 5) Application documentation.
> Currently, some documents from the website and some internal
> development
> notes are stuffed together. I doubt that any user who's
> running pgadmin
> is interesting in help about compiling, because if he can call that
> pages he already succeeded! I'd vote to put those files back into a
> notes folder, for hacker's use only.

I'd like to leave them there, if only so everything is in the one place.
We can maybe add a note in the readme about where further instructions
can be found.

> I'm not too comfortable
> about the
> pgsql doc in our cvs. While we should pack it into the
> distribution, is
> should come from the latest official release.

Should have yelped when we discussed it. The docs are there merely for
completeness so that we can build an entire distribution from CVS,
without needing any additional files (other than a dev env). I will take
responsibility for making sure they are up to date prior to real
releases.

> Should
> this end up at me at last?!? <sigh>

No, I think you've done more than enough (unless you particularly want
to do it). I've made a start on the docset as you can see, so what else
do we specifically want to cover? I won't have time to go into minute
depth about waht every last table create option is and how foreign keys
etc work, but I'm sure I can whip up a few more pages.

> 6) Installation for win32. This is really easy, because all
> is done with
> copying the files. Default file locations will be derived relative to
> the binary location, so no registry settings are needed.
> Dave, I believe
> you could do that?

Certainly. We use the Wise for Windows Installer with pga2, so I can
pinch all the useful graphics etc. I might build it as a merge module as
well so it can be easily included in future PostgreSQL distributions.

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make