Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
Done; query builder menu will only show up for debug builds.

>2) Opclass properties/create should either be implemented or have menu
>options disabled. Currently we get a message box saying 'not
>implemented'.

Well, I'll do this. Just to get rid of this message box.

>3) Are .xrc files being translated yet? I tried wxxrc on snake and it
>didn't like taking input from stdin, though it should do.

Yes, all are extracted. The stringextract script works ok for me,
including xrc extraction and piping it into xgettext.

>4) The website.

Yes, do it!

5) Application documentation.
Currently, some documents from the website and some internal development
notes are stuffed together. I doubt that any user who's running pgadmin
is interesting in help about compiling, because if he can call that
pages he already succeeded! I'd vote to put those files back into a
notes folder, for hacker's use only. I'm not too comfortable about the
pgsql doc in our cvs. While we should pack it into the distribution, is
should come from the latest official release.

What we need in the app doc is explanation about how to use pgAdmin3,
e.g. what is all that "options" stuff about?
I tried to persuade a former collegue of mine to compile the former
pgAdmin2 html workshop help and some still-to-write notes about handling
into a new mshtml help, but he wouldn't like more computer stuff in his
spare time. We still need a *volunteer.... Please show up now*! Should
this end up at me at last?!? <sigh>

6) Installation for win32. This is really easy, because all is done with
copying the files. Default file locations will be derived relative to
the binary location, so no registry settings are needed. Dave, I believe
you could do that?

Regards,
Andreas

От: Martin Marques
Сообщение: Re: [ppa-dev] rpm -Uvh pgadmin3.i386.rpm phppgadmin3.i386.rpm
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3 ***should*** make it in SuSE 9.2