Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32
Дата
Re: pg_config --pgxs on Win32  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tom Lane"<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: 13/10/05 18:23:13
To: "Thomas Hallgren"<thhal@mailblocks.com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org"<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_config --pgxs on Win32

>>  The mingw GNU Make is not too happy about the
>> double backslashes.

> I said that was a bad idea when it was
> done.  I'll undo it.

We should probably document that pg_config may not work reliably with non-mingw tools in that case. Microsoft code may
ormay not do what is expected with front slashes.

BTW Thomas - I thought you said \\ did work when you were testing options for me, or was that just msys rather than
make?

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> Something changed very recently in the output from pg_config --pgxs
> command on Win32. It now outputs double backslash everywhere instead
> of forward slashes. The mingw GNU Make is not too happy about the
> double backslashes.

I said that was a bad idea when it was done.  I'll undo it.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend