RE: armhf platform

От Ertan Küçükoğlu
Тема RE: armhf platform
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
>Hi Ertan,
>
>at the moment we are building packages for all distributions and architectures synchronously, i.e. from a single
"matrix"job in >Jenkins. For this to scale for armhf, we would need to know how long building typical packages takes on
thatplatform.

>Could you give building postgresql-10 from the .dsc a try and time it?
>How many builds (e.g. for sid,buster,stretch,jessie) can you run in parallel, and how long does that take?
>
>(Also, why armhf, and not arm64?)
>
>Christoph

Hello,

I can run single build for a given OS version. Raspberry Pi does not have very powerful CPU. I am using stretch as my
mainOS now. I need to change SDCard (Raspberry Pi runs on an SDCard or USB) in order to boot for another OS version
likejessie. But, if it is possible to build for jessie when running in stretch, I can try to do that.

I will need some help as I did not build PostgreSQL (any version) from sources before. I have some knowledge about
buildingapplications from source code. Just no experience with PostgreSQL.

Should I use SVN or similar to get sources for PostgreSQL 10? Some readme link would be fine for me to try building
postgresql-10from .dsc and get timing for it.

I am developing some commercial applications on Raspberry Pi. I also use Raspberry Pi for testing my new code and then
Ideploy it to production including database. I very much wanted to use PostgreSQL 10 in my latest work, but even
stretchversion support only 9.6.x as binary install from apt at the moment. I did not try to work on source build just
becauseI do not feel comfortable about it.

I have armhf platform and no arm64 available. After I see that postgresql latest versions are available (not from
debiandomain, but from postgresql domain) I wanted to have it available for myself and help others who need it as I do.

От: apt.postgresql.org repository
Сообщение: prometheus-sql-exporter updated to version 0.2.0.ds-4.pgdg+1
От: Christoph Berg
Сообщение: Re: armhf platform